21 March 2008

Thought of the Day - Marketing Myself

Somewhat randomly this came from a dream.

Am i marketing myself correctly for the type of job i want? In the dream i was giving someone advice that they weren't marketing themself correctly (a bit vague i know) but then it occurred to me that i probably wasn't marketing myself correctly either.

I think i have probably been too passive in my career to this point, i have just gone with the flow of what has been interesting at the time. Don't get me wrong i have definitely done interesting things and am fairly happy with where i am at the moment, but i think i should have more of an idea of what i want to do in the future. What is the end game? Then once i have worked that out i need to work out how to get there and part of that will be marketing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment