04 April 2008

Thought of the Day - The Grass Is Always Greener

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"
So true of so many situations, but in my current situation it applies to jobs, or more particularly my perception of jobs. Reading a job spec i always imagine the good things, make the spec fit what i am looking for, then at the interview i steer the interviewers to tell me what i want to hear, then i start the job and it is never quite right. I think i have gotten better at checking my optimism and having a more realistic view of jobs but it is still difficult. The biggest problem is that you never know what a job will be like until you do it and by the time you find out if it is good or not you are kinda committed.


Idea From: Caroline "The grass is always greener on the other side of the golf-field"

No comments:

Post a Comment