05 July 2008

Thought of the Day - What Do Fonts Say About You?

So what does the font you use say about you? Well according to an academic paper i came across yesterday, in my case (Century Gothic) nothing, the font i use all the time is associated with literally nothing.

You can take that one of two ways;
1) The font is so bland and generic people don't associate it with anything.
2) The font is so unique that people can't label it.

In reality i guess it could be either of the above, or it might depend on the person. But on the plus side for me i know it isn't over-exposed and at least somewhat unique. I use Century Gothic so much that it is almost like my hand writing and it freaks me out when other people use it, its like i wrote it and then forgot.


Idea from: http://psychology.wichita.edu/surl/usabilitynews/81/PersonalityofFonts.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment